For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
I Corinthians 2:2

Monday, February 13, 2012

...hungry and broken...

Hungry I come to you,
for I know you satisfy.
I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry.
So I wait for you...
So I wait for you...
And I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for...

Broken
I run to you,
for Your arms are open wide.
I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life.
So I wait for You...
So I wait for You...
And I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for...

Almost a year has transpired since my last post, and what a year it has been. God has been made even more real and has revealed Himself to me more than ever before.
through hunger.
through heartache.
through brokenness.
through joy.

His voice and presence are penetrating deep into my heart and life. He is constantly chipping away at my hard heart... His Holy Spirit is daily, moment by moment desiring to lead my thoughts, my words, my actions. The battle is raging within me. My soul longs for a divine appointment each day, yet I find my flesh pulling, tugging, doing everything it can to prevent me from truely breaking free, and surrendering my entire being to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

I find myself hungry and broken.

Hungry for that deep intimate personal relationship that I know I can have with God.
Hungry for Jesus. His love. His compassion. His wisdom. His sacrifice. His complete surrender.
Hungry for His Word.
Hungry for His plans and purposes for my life.

Broken because of my unwillingness to set aside my pride for the sake of the Cross.
Broken because of my constant failure to overcome the desires of the flesh.
Broken because of the inability to be the husband and man of God I am called to be.
Broken because of my lack of eternal influence in the lives of others because of a self-focused heart.

My desire is Jesus Christ. To know Him more. To live a life that represents Him and brings Him glory. To set aside my flesh in the moment... when I am faced with a decision... flesh or spirit... To have an eternal impact on others... not because I desire the accolades or attention, but because I sincerely yearn for others to know God.

I am hungry and broken Lord. Fill me with your Spirit, mold me into your man.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this David. It should speak to all of us.

    ReplyDelete